Get behind the camera!
It’s the year for video. We have collected a few video statistics from here-and-there on the web.
Video usage is on the rise.
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63%, the number reported in our 2017 survey.
- 99% of those who already do use video, say they’ll continue to do so in 2018.
- 65% of those who don’t currently use video, say they plan to start in 2018.
- 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos (via tubularinsights).
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Native videos on Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube links
- An initial email with a video receives an increased click-through rate by 96%.
- Cisco states that live internet video will account for 13 % of the total video traffic in 2018 (via Forbes).
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors.
- Combining video with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22 percent.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.